We are the people that said “Never Again” after the Holocaust

A Jewish American’s Response to Anti - Semitic Comments during a Vigil
As a Jewish American, it is impossible for me to not stand here when I see millions of people being oppressed in Israel/ Palestine. I want to enable peace. Why is it forbidden to know and learn about our neighbors in Israel/ Palestine who are being oppressed? I want to speak the truth. Tikkun Olam is a principle in Judaism which literally means to repair the world.   I feel it is my duty to repair the world. It hurts me to see how the Israeli government is handling this situation. We are the people that said “Never Again” after the Holocaust. I would like to be one of those people who keeps his or her word and continues to strive for justice and a society without others being oppressed in a land that is another people’s homeland as well. 
-Written by Jewish American Members of MECR, September 2014